North East Derbyshire
What are the benefits to North East Derbyshire District?
As well as the benefits in the deal highlighted on this website, North East Derbyshire District would have specific local pluses which include:
- Support proposals for the development and investment along the A61 Growth Corridor.
- Investigate potential for new strategic housing sites along the M1 Strategic Growth Corridor.
- Develop a new M1 Strategic Growth Corridor proposal as the principal economic growth location ensuring that the infrastructure required at junctions is considered to enable growth.
- Supporting the development and remediation of the former Coalite industrial site.
- Launch local Business Growth Hub to establish an integrated, local business support service targeted towards high growth enterprises.
- Support new major housing developments/mixed use regeneration projects in Wingerworth and Clay Cross.
- Develop an inward investment program to promote North East Derbyshire District as an ideal investment location.
Come along to our consultation events to get any questions answered and find out more about the devolution deal.