What are the benefits to Bassetlaw?
As well as the benefits in the deal highlighted on this website, Bassetlaw would have specific local pluses.
The major benefits negotiated for Bassetlaw include:
- A share of £900m over the next 30 years to spend on important economic regeneration projects to improve the District, increase our skills base and create opportunities for local businesses to grow and prosper.
Current and future economic priorities for Bassetlaw supported through Sheffield City Region plans include:
- Road improvements around the A57 Worksop to improve the reliability of the transport network and make the area more appealing to business and investors
- Road junction improvements in Harworth to increase the connectivity to the A1(M)
- Creation of a new Council owned business park in Harworth, which would enable further development and the creation of up to 7500 jobs
- The development of a new Housing Investment Fund that could unlock opportunities for housing growth on underused and brownfield sites
- The establishment of the Sheffield City Region Growth Hub, providing a one-stop-shop of support for local businesses and start-ups.
- Local business access to a Sheffield City Region funding pot of £52 million, to support capital investment that creates new employment.
- The establishment of a Skills Bank providing a flexible pot of funding for businesses to provide 42,000 qualifications over the next six years.
- The roll out of Skills Made Easy across Bassetlaw to help small and medium sized companies get the high quality training of the type they need, in the place they need it and at the time that they need it.
Come along to our consultation events to get any questions answered and find out more about the devolution deal.